This Smart Heater App set the heater device to report current temperature, respond to the status requests and to the heater on/off command.
The data flow is as follows:
- A device uses I2C temperature sensor and sends data to the AWS IoT periodically.
- An AWS IoT rule intercepts temperature data and stores it into the DynamoDB table.
- A device gets synchronised with its AWS IoT shadow.
- A frontend with OAuth is running on AWS S3, talking to the device shadow to either get the device state, or set the device state (turn it on/off).
The project was built with:
- ESP8266 NodeMCU
- Amazon AWS account
- Amazon's aws management tool (see https://aws.amazon.com/cli)
- mos management tool installed (see mos installation guide)
How to start with this App?
- Install and start MOS tool
- Switch to the Project page, find and import the 'aws-iot-heater' app, build and flash it:
More information and instructions on how to build this App can be found here: