This Internet Button App sends a notification to the cloud backend a performs an action when a button on the device is pressed.
In this particular case, AWS Lambda function sends an email to the specific email address. But, the action could be configured to be anything.
The data flow is as follows:
- User presses the button
- Device sends a message to the MQTT topic DEVICE_ID/button _pressed
- AWS IoT receives the message and calls AWS Lambda Function
- AWS Lambda Function publishes a message to the AWS SNS (Simple Notification Service)
- AWS SNS notifies subscribers: in this case, just sends a message to a single email address
- User receives the email
The project was built with:
- ESP8266 NodeMCU
- AWS account
- Amazon's aws management tool (see https://aws.amazon.com/cli)
- mos management tool installed
How to start with this App?
- Install and start MOS tool
- Switch to the Project page, find and import the 'aws-iot-button' app, build and flash it:
More information on this App can be found here:
To contact: send us a message or ask on the developer forum.